What is PENJANA KERJAYA?
Under the Short-Term Economic Recovery Plan (ERP) or better known as PENJANA, the Government has introduced PENJANA KERJAYA with various financial incentives given to employers on hiring candidates from the following categories:
• School-leavers and fresh graduates
• Unemployed persons
• Disabled persons
Many employers have been enquiring on how to apply for the PENJANA KERJAYA incentives, and WeCorporate have prepared a summary below based on the FAQ released by the Malaysia Government:
1) What is PENJANA KERJAYA?
It is part of the PENJANA plan where it focuses on matching the needs of the employers who are seeking eligible candidates to hire, whilst helping jobseekers to secure employment.
2) What are the available incentives for employers under PENJANA KERJAYA?
a. #MyApprentice: Incentives given to employers on hiring school leavers and fresh graduate as apprentice.
b. #HireMalaysia –
i. Incentive given for hiring Malaysian employees under 40 years old;
ii. Incentive given for hiring Malaysian employees above 40 years old;
iii. Incentive given for hiring vulnerable Malaysian employee who are disable and/or those under “Return to Work” Scheme under PERKESO
3) Who are eligible to apply for PENJANA KERJAYA?
• Employers who have registered with:
a. Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM)
b. Jabatan Pendaftaran Pertubuhan Malaysia (ROS)
c. Pendaftaran Perniagaan (ROB)
d. Local Authority or any other authorities before 1 June 2020
• Employers who have registered with PERKESO before 1 June 2020
4) Can employers claim the PENJANA KERJAYA incentives if they have hired job seekers and apprentice but have yet to register at MyFutureJobs?
Yes – they can still apply so long as both the employers and employees register at MyFutureJobs. Further, the employers are required to register SOCSO and EIS for the employees before they can apply for the incentives.
5) How to apply for the PENJANA KERJAYA incentives?
First of all, the employer is required to register the vacancy at MyFutureJobs even if they have advertised at other job portals. Once there is new hire, the employer is required to register the new hire in the ASSIST PERKESO system within 30 days from the employee reporting to work date.
From 15 June 2020, employers can register their profile at PENJANA KERJAYA’s portal: penjanakerjaya.perkeso.gov.my and from 1 July 2020, employers can start applying for the incentives for new hires recruited under this programme.
6) What are the documents required for the application
a. Employer’s Bank Account Details (First page of bank statement with name of employer, bank account number and bank)
b. Business Registration Number
7) How will the incentives under PENJANA KERJAYA be disbursed?
The incentive payment will be paid monthly after the employer starts contributing SOCSO and EIS as required by laws. For example: if the new hire is recruited on the 1 July but the employer only register and contribute SOCSO and EIS on 15 July, the incentive will only be given from August 2020 onwards.
8) Will the employer continue to receive the incentive if the employee has resigned or been terminated?
No – the incentive will be stopped once the employee has resigned or been terminated.
WeCorporate offers a variety of corporate services to SME companies in Malaysia, servicing over 1,500 clients. Click below for the range of services WeCorporate offers:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Company Incorporation & LLP Set-up
- Company Secretarial
- Audit & Assurance
- Tax Advisory & Compliance
- Financial Advisory
- Payroll Outsourcing
- Migration & Regulatory Advisory
- Offshore Incorporation Advisory
If you require further assistance, simply contact us here.